It’s Spring! The time of year we all want to clean out & brighten up our lives.
Your Social Media strategy should be no different. Here are a few things you can do to keep your content Fresh & Engaging.
1. Don’t limit your post to just things about yourself or your business. A good rule of thumb for posting is 80/20. 80% of your posts should be about lifestyles, customer interests & other updates; 20% of your content about you & your business. Always remember, Social Media is about building relationships. If you were talking to someone face to face, and only spoke about yourself or your business, how long do you really think they would hang around to chat? Use that motto for your Social Media too.
2. Utilize your employees. Having a team is what makes your business work. Your Social Media should be part of the team too. Encourage your employees to engage with your social media outlets. Having them like, share & re-post your company’s content increases your audience tremendously! By posting great content, your employees can be proud to share it with their friends & followers.
3. Refrain from being long winded. Short & sweet is the way to go with social media. Facebook posts that are short & to the point tend to get more interaction then longer more detailed posts. If you post something that shows the click-able “see more”, your posts may be too long. If you’ve got more to say, think about starting a blog. Blogs are a great place for your longer posts and you can use your social media to encourage people to visit your website/blog.
4. Keep things current. Having a hard time coming up with something to post about? Check the current events or something fun like holidayinsights.com. There are tons of fun Holidays to post about. Also, try keeping it local. Post about your favorite lunch spot, a new market that’s opening in your town, or the best place in town to stop & take a breather.
5. Don’t leave your followers hanging. All comments & engagement should be acknowledged in a timely manner. Show your followers you appreciate them taking the time to interact with you, by acknowledging their comments and starting a conversation.
6. Have fun. The most important thing is to HAVE FUN! Keep it light. It’s Social Media…stay social! Keep the conversation light and engaging, you’ll be amazed at how often your followers will jump right in to the conversation!