Hey hey, it’s time again to talk about someone artsy!
Meet Nichole Lillian Ryan. She is a lovely person that is extremely talented and I’m happy to call her my friend, for several years now.
Here’s a picture of us last year, when we FINALLY met in person! Her and her hubby came to Florida and we got soaked in the rain.
I met Nichole first through a pretty rad website, threadless.com. She made some sweet tee designs over there and we chatted in many a blog from time to time.
Then waaaaaay back in 2009, she was so lovely and gave my daughter an image of her mermaid. We framed it up and it still hangs in her room today!
I have personally admired her work for a long time and I wanted to share how awesome she is with all of you! So I asked her a few questions and she was nice enough to answer them.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself: What got you interested in art?
I’ve been imagining, doodling and creating creatures as long as I can remember. I can’t pinpoint anything specific that peaked my interest in art, it’s just a part of who I am.
2. What is your preferred medium and why?
Currently. I’d have to say paint. But I’m always experimenting
3. Do you have a favorite artist? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?
Joe Carr. His line work is top notch! He’s a very inspiring artist.
4. Can you remember one of the first things you drew/sculpted/painted/photographed etc.? What makes it memorable?
Bumble Bees! I can remember drawing both my parents each their own bumble bee drawing on some construction paper. I know they still have the drawings today.
Fish Eating Grin
5. Where do you gather most of the inspiration for your works?
Nature, cartoons, outer space, travel, music, life etc… It’s limitless really. I could be anywhere when inspiration hits me. I always try to carry a notebook (or napkins) with me for those instances.
6. Do you have any other interesting hobbies or maybe a fun story about an experience involving your artwork?
Zoo-hopping and road-tripping and with my husband. (also… singing to my cats)
See! I told you she was lovely!!
Her latest project are these amazing little hand sculpted, hand painted brooches of some adorable little creatures.
You can see the entire creative process she went through to make these on her blog.
The entire collection of brooches are available in her online shop.
I’m excited to tell you, you could win your very own Nichole Lillian Ryan brooch right here on the blog!
Follow a few simple steps and be entered to win!
1. Like Nichole’s FACEBOOK page.
2. Like Get Social Co’s FACEBOOK page.
3. Visit Nichole’s SHOP and decide which brooch you would like to win.
4. Leave a comment below stating which brooch you would like to win and how we can contact you.
That’s it! We’ll be accepting entries until next Thursday, May 23rd. The winner will be posted on our Facebook page Friday, May 24th!
Thanks for visiting the blog and Good Luck!